Rosalia A. Butler, MMC, City Clerk
The City Clerk is the local official who administers democratic processes such as elections, access to City records, and all legislative actions ensuring transparency to the public. The City Clerk acts as the compliance officer for federal, state, and local statues including the Political Reform Act, the Brown Act, and the California Public Records Act. The City Clerk is an Officer of the City Charter and is appointed by the City Council.
The City Clerk's Office is responsible for:
- Preparing agendas and minutes for all City Council meetings
- Conducting regular and special municipal elections
- Campaign disclosure and conflict of interest statements filings
- Responding to public records requests
- Ongoing City Council, commission, committee and board support
- Processing subpoenas, claims for damages and agreements/contracts
- Maintaining the City of Pomona Municipal Code
- Recording, preserving, and maintaining the City's legislative history and associated City records
The City Clerk is the custodian of the Official Seal of the City of Pomona and therefore, certifies copies of official records and administers oaths and affirmations.